Please be advised the Local 1588 Information Meeting in Port Hawkesbury, NS and the Local 83 Monthly Meeting in Digby, NS on Thursday, July 20, 2017 have both been cancelled.
Both meetings will resume on Thursday, August 17, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Summer 2017 edition of The Blueprint is now available.
Click here to read the issue and browse past editions.
The Atlantic Canada Regional Council of Carpenters, Millwrights and Allied Workers (ACRC) has an opening for one (1) Business Representative/Organizer position that will be based in their Halifax, NS office.
Reporting to the Director of Organizing, the Business Representative/Organizer is a self-driven team player who is ambitious, goal-oriented, and focused on delivering results.
The Business Representative/Organizer represents the best interests of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters (UBC) and actively works to organize unrepresented workers in the carpentry, millwright, and allied trades. S/he is expected to support this mission through seeking out new opportunities to organize individuals and contractors who are not represented. Travel throughout Nova Scotia and to various locations in Atlantic Canada is required.
The successful candidate will maintain proper and orderly records and provide a weekly electronic report to the Director of Organizing. S/he will work closely and support other Business Representatives/Organizers and staff of the ACRC to ensure a consistent and high level of service is provided to all members of the Council.
The successful candidate:
- Is a self-starter who can lead, motivate, and coach others;
- Possesses exceptional organizing, communication, and strategic skills;
- Brings many years of experience in the construction industry, preferably as a foreman or site superintendent and be Red Seal Endorsed (RSE);
- Must be a UBC member in good standing;
- Is computer literate and familiar with using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Has a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Can seek out new opportunities to grow the Council with minimum supervision;
- Brings a unique mix of work history, life experience, and community service to the role;
- Be willing to undergo a criminal record check as travel to the International Training Center is required.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter indicating qualifications, experience, references, and any other pertinent information by email to email@example.com.
Please indicate ‘Business Representative/Organizer-NS’ in the subject line of your email.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications for this position must be received on or before Friday, August 11, 2017.