Closing Date to apply is Friday, August 19 at 4:00PM
Job is open to Local 1588 members only.
Our Training Center provides training and opportunities for individuals across Cape Breton Island. You will be responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of Training Courses, Schedules, Administration, Federal and Government Funding, Payroll and other duties assigned as part of running and maintaining the Training Center. This job is a fulltime, salaried, term position complete with pension and benefits. This job does not fall under the Trade Collective Agreement for Local 1588.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School or GED
Office Administration or Secretarial Degree/Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and work experience in a related position.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Superior organizational skills and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Detailed orientated.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience in an administrative role.
- Demonstrated professionalism and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
Weekly student schedule
Registration for ITC TTT for our Instructors
Maintaining Instructor Safety Certificates
Registration for members at the ITC as per Union Representatives
Rental of equipment
Assisting members with Training Needs
Dealing with the Apprenticeship Board (Class Calls, dates for students to come in etc.)
Ordering Books both Nationally and Internationally
Working closely with Director with regards to operations of the college
Tracking staff holidays
Assisting with Interviews
Dealing with Funding Agents
Dealing with students
Some levels of decision making (when Director is unavailable)
Policies and Procedures of CMC
Rigging Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
Administration (answering phones, faxes, photocopying etc.)
Accreditation for Carpentry and Millwright
Annual Maintenance (Government) Carpentry and Millwright
Scheduling Journeyperson Upgrades for Scaffolding
Approving when a member is eligible to challenge the Journeyperson Scaffolding
Rate increases for Carpentry members
Overseeing outstanding balances for students
Mail (Open and disbursing to the right persons)
Working closely with all staff making sure they are all up to date with their training and materials required for classes
Priority to members and students as they can reach you by cell or email at any time
Reports for Director
Reports for Regional Manager (as requested)
Helping members complete courses online and through Carpenters International Website (i.e. Covid Preparedness, ICRA, Buildforce etc.)
Approving Purchase Orders with Regional Manager
Duties as assigned by the Regional Manager
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO JWILSON@ACRC.CA. APPLICATIONS CAN ALSO BE RECEIVED AT THE OFFICE, 24 Cossitt Heights Drive, Sydney NS.